By submitting this essay, entrant indicates that he or she is 13 years of age or older, that this submission represents his or her original work, and that s/he designates his or her full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of Contest guidelines, rules, terms, and conditions and the decisions of the Walden Woods Project, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.Conditions and Limits
1. No submissions will be acknowledged or returned. The Walden Woods Project is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, or unintelligible entries, which will be considered void.
2. By entering, entrants represent and warrant that the essay they submit: a) Is their own original creation and b) does not plagiarize or infringe any other person's or entity's rights, including, without limitation, contractual rights, rights of publicity and privacy, trademark, copyright, and patent rights.
3. Each contestant may enter one (1) Submission to each arm of the Contest (traditional Essay Contest and/or Visual Essay Contest).General Conditions and Rights
1. The Walden Woods Project reserves the right not to make any awards in its discretion. The Walden Woods Project reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Walden Woods Project’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by the Walden Woods Project in its sole discretion. In such event, the Walden Woods Fund reserves the right to make awards from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
2. Submission of an entry in this Contest constitutes entrants' agreement to grant the Walden Woods Project an irrevocable royalty-free worldwide license to reproduce and display the entry or any derivative thereof, credited with entrant's first and last name. Release: By entering this Contest, contestant agrees to release and hold harmless the Walden Woods Project and each of its respective staff, officers and directors, (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest, as well as claims based on defamation and infringement of any other person's or entity's rights, including, without limitation, contractual rights, rights of publicity and privacy, trademark, copyright, and patent rights.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contestants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from contestant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity; or (6) liability in connection with the Content. If for any reason a contestant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, contestant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest during the Contest Period.